- The ACO is available for routine duties Monday thru Friday between 9am and 5pm.
- The ACO is available for EMERGENCY situations on a 24-7 basis.
- The ACO responds to calls and complaints from the public concerning lost, stray, injured, or nuisance domestic animals; also concerning suspected rabid, wild or domestic animals and vicious dogs.
- Fees imposed as a result of impounded animals are the responsibility of the animal owner and are paid prior to the release of the animal back to the owner.
- It is important to note that the ACO does NOT PROVIDE: Response to and capture of nuisance wildlife that are not threatening humans. Example: Healthy appearing raccoons in garbage cans, squirrels in attics, etc. (These are PEST CONTROL issues, not Public Health issues, and are responsibilities of the homeowner.)
- Contacting the ACO can be done by calling: EMERGENCY - State Police at 908-996-2864 and
NON-EMERGENCY, St. Hubert's 908-526-3330 until 5 p.m..