WHEN TO APPLY
- All dogs living in the Township must be licensed. If the dog is a puppy, it does not have to be licensed until seven months old. The puppy must have received a one year rabies shot before the license can be issued.
- All licenses are renewable during January and February. After March 1st, owners of unlicensed dogs will be charged a late fee of $25.00 per dog.
HOW TO APPLY
- You may apply in person or by mail.
- Proof of rabies vaccine (inoculations must cover the entire licensing year)
- Proof of spay/neuter (if applicable)
- An exemption can be granted if a licensed veterinarian completes a certificate of EXEMPTION FROM RABIES VACCINATION form available from our office or download at http://www.state.nj.us.health/forms/vph28.
- Payment by check or cash: Altered $12.00 Un-Altered $15.00
- If making payment by mail be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of your license - also please mark the outside of the payment envelope “Attention Dog License”.
IN-PERSON LICENSING HOURS:
Monday - Friday - 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday Evening - 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
MAILING ADDRESS: East Amwell Township
1070 Route 202/31
Ringoes, NJ 08551
All verification papers for shots and spay/neuter will be returned with the license and tag.
Click here for Application Form